RoadsideAmerica.com cites 8 types of “Muffler Men” in their listings. There are a now host of mutated versions of these original types. As time marches on many of them get modified and “repaired”.
- Classic Muffler Man
- Paul Buyan
- Miss Uniroyal
- Happy Halfwit
- Big John
- Big Friend
Information resources, links and articles about Muffler Men / Miss Uniroyal
- Roadside America – Origin of the Muffler Man
- Roadside America- How to Identify a Muffler Man
- Ocala Star-Banner – Muffler Men join Other Museum Dinosaurs
- Paul Tanck – Cult of the Muffler Man
- New Jersey’s Biggest Woman Gets Patriotic Makeover for War on Terror
- AgilityNut – Land of the Giants – Giant Women
- Zippy the Pinhead Comic “Tired Out” featuring Nitro Girl
- The Launching Pad Restaurant: Gemini Giant Muffler Man – Wilmington, IL.
- Digital Route 66 – Wilmington, IL.
Websites: Businesses who proudly feature their Muffler Men / Miss Uniroyal
- Plaza Tire: “Vanna Whitwall” Miss Uniroyal – Peoria, IL.
- Werbany Tire Town: Nitro Girl – Hilltop, NJ.
- Mr. Bill’s Coney Island Drive In – Winslow, NJ.
- Intermountain Motorhomes – Wendell, ID.
- Cadet Restaurant – Kittanning, PA.
Photo Galleries & Web Pages
- Flickr Group – Muffler Men
- Waymarking.com – Highway Giants
- Agilitynut – Land of the Giants
- Roadsidepeek.com: Roadside Men